List the gifts I would like to be able to give to others through actions, words and what I can make.
The photo above was a gift given to me by a friend just because. It is a simple concept but the thought and surprise behind it meant everything to me.
- I like to make and give handmade cards. I really enjoy crafting the cards and being able to customize it for the person and the occasion.
- The best gifts come from encouraging words. I don't like to fish for compliments. A simple, sincere kind word goes a long way in my book. Silence speaks volumes in this respect as well and can hurt more than cutting words.
- I have become a huge fan of giving experiences over materials.
- Fresh picked flowers to brighten someones day. I started picking flowers on my runs to spruce up my desk. I decided on my last run to pick some for a coworker so she could have something sunny to look at. That little thought made her day, but made mine even more.
- Surprise a work friend with "good" coffee or a macaroon.