52 Lists for Happiness
This week is to list the spaces I would like to create more order and organization in. It was perfect timing. I swear I did not plan this to coincide with the very end of the 30 day minimalist challenge. I just spent the last month creating order and organizing while getting rid of a ton of stuff. I did major purges last year but still felt there was so much more that needed to go. I tried to get my husband on board but he fell off the wagon early on. I tell you it feels great to declutter and I am not finished yet!
- The kitchen needs better organization. I had not even got to that room yet in my 30 days. Maybe it was because we were without an oven for so long I just avoided it. I plan on tackling this really soon. I can get rid of so much still. I loathe my kitchen because it is so small. I like it more now with my new oven and microwave. Hopefully if I can create more space I will not despise it as much and it will be easier to remodel it. Big plans for this tiny space.
- The garage! This is my husbands domain but I have lots of things in here too. I was hoping he would have stuck with the challenge and he could have just concentrated on this space and he would have been able to not even have to try hard to keep up with me. I have been waiting on this for years and I am over it now. I plan on just going in there and selling what I can piece by piece first...then it is just going to be goodwill and trash whether he likes it or not. I have already started this...got rid of the rusty bike attachment last week and sold a mirrored dresser top 2 days ago. I am on a roll and I can't stop.
- The shed is also his domain but there are things of mine in there that I can trash. I had done that a little last year but now I am so set on living with less I am ready to pitch so much more.
- The linen closet needs another review. I got rid of a lot last year in this area but now that I have committed more to a minimalistic lifestyle, I am ready to really thin things out.
- My home office. I did get rid of a ton during the 30 days in this realm. I have a ton of paper, that I keep for card making and I have the biggest rubber stamp collection. I know someone else would get more joy from most of those stamps than me. I plan on keeping my favorites but the scrapbooking days are over and there is no need for all this stuff.
Remodeling the kids bathroom, bedrooms and my bedroom recently along with this challenge I feel I have successfully tackled those spaces. We purged most of the attic stuff and the coat closet. Progress! I sold cameras and equipment I no longer use. It feels so good and freeing doing this. I even decluttered my cubical at work, added some plants and string lights and I feel more at peace in my tiny space. I am loving living with less!