I am off a week on these posts. I did not bring my journal with me to New York and I have been immersed in holiday mayhem.
What better time to list the ways I enjoy investing in my mind, body and soul.
- I think it pretty much goes without saying that being outside is the very first thing that I turn toward to invest in all 3. Crisp air, the aromas of nature and the movement of the body all reset my buttons.
- A good yoga session also helps. I do not do it enough, but I hope to change that this year.
- I have started meditating almost daily. I have noticed on the nights I meditate before bed I sleep better. I would like to get into the habit of practicing a daytime focus meditation to rejuvenate my brain fog mid day.
- When I really want to treat myself I go get a pedicure. I am not one to get my nails done very often. I am really hard on my hands and the polish just doesn't last but I do like the pampering and massage that comes along with a good nail session at a salon.
- If I can make the time, and sometimes I just HAVE to make the time, for a soothing hot bath. This will most likely include a glass of wine and a book. I always feel more relaxed after soaking in the tub. I mean who doesn't right?