52 Lists Project #3
List the Things You are Really Good At
Tooting my own horn is not a thing I like to do. I am one of those people who truly do not know how to take a compliment. I mean sure the "Nice Dress", "Thanks", I can do. But the sincere, long winded kind, make me squirm and I can feel all the blood rush to my head. Then there are those people who compliment themselves. News Flash, bragging is a huge pet peeve of mine. I can't stand it. Self confidence is one thing. Social Media is full of people painting false murals of picture perfect lives. It drives me absolutely insane. Do not get me started on the one uppers either. I have had to cut life long friendships off over their social media posts. Though I had zero problem rattling off a list of things I think I am good at in my book, posting 5 on here I can't help but feel is bragging. If I come off as a bit braggy, I apologize in advance. I am just doing as prompted.
one of my favorite images
- Photography- Granted, this is a field I feel like I am always learning more about but I have been seriously studying the photographic process since I was 9. I have made my sole living on it for many years (11) to be exact. I have attended formal school and informal workshops and I have had my own business for several years though it has not been my sole income for many years. I believe that since I have been able to step away from it and come back to it, it has made me a much better photographer. Once again I am changing and I believe it is making me a better photographer yet again.
- I excel at trying new things. I may not be the best but that doesn't ever stop be me from trying. I also am not scared at making an ass out of myself. I excel at laughing at myself as well. Whether it is a sport, food, music, camera gear. I just want to experience as much as I can. I am not shy. Life is too short to not do the thing you want to do because no one else wants to, which brings me to #3
- I am really good at taking charge in uncomfortable situations. I am that person who has no problem saying what everyone else is thinking. That is not always a good thing but I am good at it. I also am that person who in a team situation will step up and be the speaker in a room full of people. I will ask the tough questions at the worst times that have to be asked. I am the plus one you take somewhere that you don't know anyone if you need an ice breaker.
- I am great at sticking to goals. Sometimes it is out of spite, sometimes it is just the fact that I put my money where my mouth is. Maybe it is pride. Maybe I am just stubborn. I am a Leo and I think we are just bred this way. The best way to get me to do something is tell me I can't do it.
- My Job. I am talking about my other job, my day job that I have had now for 16 years. The desk job I swore I would never have. The job that taught me a lot about myself. I busted my ass and worked many departments. I am fantastic at my job and any job that gets thrown at me. I do not make mistakes. I mean really... maybe a handful in all the years I have worked here. I am dependable, reliable, hard working, self motivated, easy to get along with (mostly) and I truly love the company I work for. I know I am lucky. Sometimes it pays to work your ass off. They took a chance on a girl who only ever knew how to work a camera and a dark room, threw me into a world of business and let me sink or swim...and I swam like Hell, and they let me.