My daughter gives the best and most thoughtful gifts. One of those gifts was this book.
I have really needed to focus on the positive in my life. Especially with this mysterious migraine that has been plaguing me for days now. With my birthday right around the corner, what better way to start the next year of my life than to share an abbreviated weekly list of 5 positive things about me. Self help, why not?
The first subject of my online 52 lists project is, Things that make me happy right now:
- My Squirrel. Raising this abandoned baby squirrel has been an incredible experience. It has not been all together easy because he is an wild animal and has very sharp claws and climbs us like a tree but it has brought us together as a team as a family to take care of his needs. It has forced us to slow down and spend more time at home. I have seen a softer side of my husband. I have seen a responsible, sweet and nurturing side of my son. My daughter has always been an animal lover so she was the first to fall in love and jump right into to taking up the early morning feeding routine. It has made me seriously consider volunteering in the future for more wildlife rescue.
- The Wander Society. Through this group of like minded positive people I have found inspiration from all over the world. Anytime I am feeling down or bored or need a creative pick me up all I have to do is scroll through my group on facebook and they make me smile and breathe fresh air back into my lungs.
- Post cards and snail mail. I have made some friends recently through the simple act of sending post cards and it has been such a delight. It is such a simple thing. I just love to sit down with a cup of tea or coffee and read a letter or postcard from a far away place. It is so personal.
- Kombucha. I cannot get enough of this stuff. My body just seems to function better when I drink it. I like the lemon, lime and tea varieties best.
- Iphone 7 plus. I know it is just a phone. It is a great phone! The battery lasts longer. I have 128gb...I finally have room to take tons of photos and videos and not have to delete or upload a bunch before I go some where and it holds all my apps. YAY! Plus that portrait mode it amazing!
What makes you happy right now?